If you know me, and follow this blog, then you know absolutely, positively and beyond a shadow of a doubt that I adore animal prints! You might even call me a crazy cat lady, because I love leopard print so much! I’m happy to report that animal prints are back in a really big way and are sure to add excitement to your Fall wardrobe. Read on for my styling tips and some ideas and inspiration for adding animal prints into your closet.
(Hello my fabulous fashionistas! This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission when you click and shop from those links, which helps me to support my blog. Thank you for your support!)
There are SO many great options if you’re wanting to add a little animal instinct to your wardrobe. Here’s just a few ways you can incorporate it:
- Think of leopard as a neutral, and style it with any color you choose.
- Tortoise is a natural partner to leopard print, and is a big trend in accessories this year.
- Snakeskin and snake print are a beautiful alternative to leopard and a bit more subtle if you’re not quite into a bolder animal print.
- Try mixing florals and plaids with your leopard or cheetah print. Trust me, it works! Pattern mixing is fun!
- Try adding a leopard print belt or shoes to an outfit for a subtle touch of animal print.
- Throw on a denim jacket with your leopard print top or tee. You’ll be surprised at how well the two coordinate.
- Just do like I do and go big or go home! All the Leopard! Just look at these examples of how you can pair animal prints with various colors and fabric patterns.
I’ve shared several posts about the joy of leopard print. Here are a couple of my favorites:
Styling a Leopard Tunic
I am absolutely thrilled to share this cute outfit from an online boutique I just discovered! Tee for the Soul is an Oklahoma based boutique that began by offering T-shirts with uplifting messages, and has since grown into an online presence that offers not only missy sizes but plus sizes as well. They have some of the cutest things at incredibly affordable prices! They feature trendy items as well as classic pieces that can be worked into any wardrobe. Tee for the Soul also airs Live fashion and style shows on their facebook channel. I tune in every night just to see what they’re showing off! They are a fun loving group of gals, and I hope I get to visit their store someday.
The You See Right Through Me Tan Leopard High-Low tunic from Umgee is very generously sized (I’m wearing a small) and as you can see can be styled in several different ways. I think it would also be pretty with leggings and tall boots and a chunkier cardigan for warmth this winter. The beautiful Sheer Dreams duster is so versatile, and the lighter weight is perfect for our warmer fall temps. I’ll probably style it for work with a column of color underneath, like red or even camel. (See this post for more about column dressing.) It comes in a variety of colors, which will probably all find a way into my closet!
Animal print has been around awhile, but this stylish trend is available this year in so many different forms. From accessories to tops to jackets and shoes, you’re sure to find something that will make you purr! Here are a few shopping suggestions:
How are you incorporating the animal print trend into your wardrobe? Do you love it as much as I do? Please leave me a comment and let me know if you’re a crazy cat lady like I am! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest – I’m constantly pinning style inspiration and ideas! Thanks for reading! And remember – Choose Joy!