Hi y’all! Even though it’s still August, and hot as blue blazes outside, I’m currently wishing and dreaming about fall. I know. Crazy, right? But believe it or not, it’s not too early to start planning your fall wardrobe. Those of us in the south face special challenges when it comes to a fall wardrobe – the calendar might say fall, but the heat and humidity say Nope! Not yet sister! So I’m going to show you a few ways you can transition your summer outfits into fall ones with just a couple of tweaks.
(This post contains affiliate links and is not sponsored. I’m just a very dedicated shopper! You won’t pay a penny more, but I will earn a small commission each time someone makes a purchase using my links. I truly appreciate your support!)
First things first, let’s do a little housekeeping:
- Have you taken inventory of your closet yet? Go ahead and do a brief clean out of your fall things.
- Did you wear those things last fall? Or are they just hanging there, wishing for a new home?
- Anything look shabby? Toss it!
- Anything not worn at all last year? Sell or donate them!
- Organize your tops by color and sleeve length, and your pants by color/style to help you find everything easier.
Now you’re ready to start mixing and matching! A few ideas:
- Add a sweater or jacket to a basic dress.
- Switch up your jackets and toppers to ones that are more fall-like.
- Change up your shoes and accessories – swap out summery sandals for open toe booties and wedges.
- Add a sweater or kimono to your graphic tees. Look for animal prints!
Summer Dress to Fall Outfit
I love these easy summer dresses, don’t you? They’re just so lightweight and comfortable and perfect for a hot summer day. As we head into fall, you can continue to wear your favorite dress! Just add a light sweater to the quintessential summer chambray dress and swap out the sandals for booties and you’re set! Easy peasy!
Add an On Trend Fall Kimono to a Graphic Tee
I guess it’s not secret how much I love my graphic tees. This one has been on repeat all summer long. I’m sure you have a few of these in your closet as well. How to continue enjoying it this fall? The colors of this snake print kimono add a fall touch to that basic graphic tee. I swapped the sandals for a more fall-like open toe bootie and swapped out the girlfriend jeans for skinnies.
Elevate a Basic Tank and Pants with Different Toppers
I just changed a few things up by using my favorite trick for disguising my pear shape – column dressing. I’m styling the snake print kimono with my ‘column’ here. Animal prints are HUGE right now, and will continue on through the fall. I don’t see this trend dying down anytime soon. So go for it! I also tried this cute leopard print jacket with the tank and pants. (Now I’m on the hunt for snake booties!) The same sweater I styled with the dress is perfect with this outfit too. The lightweight linen fabric is perfect for our warmer autumn weather. Remember that this color of pink goes great with olive green too! Have fun with it!
Shop similar styles here:
Do you love fall as much as I do? I’m hoping these ideas might help you over the next few months as summer begins its slow wind- down and Mother Nature prepares to take her winter nap. Do you have any tips or tricks for transitioning into the fall season? I’d love to hear them! Leave a comment! Thanks for stopping by! And remember…Choose Joy!