Trendy tiered dresses are everywhere this summer, so I’m excited to share this beautiful pineapple yellow tiered dress from Chico’s today. The tiered dress trend is definitely having a moment right now. Feminine and flirty, it’s the perfect style for spring and summer! You’ve probably seen dresses like these everywhere, from local boutiques to major department stores and your favorite online retailers.
Dresses become my go-to during the warmer (actually hotter) summer months. Easy to throw on and go when I’m in a hurry in the mornings, and also – instant air conditioning! LOL. So I’m always on the hunt for new dresses, even though my closet begs me to stop.
I’ve been on a mission lately to encourage women to wear what makes them happy, no matter their age, size, or shape. Life is too short to waste time struggling with your wardrobe and feeling uncomfortable in your clothes. That’s why this yellow color spoke to me. I knew the minute I saw this beauty at Chico’s that I absolutely had to have it. I loved the color! Instant joy! But since I am a midsize pear shape gal, I wasn’t sure how it would look on me. So I clicked add to cart, pulled the trigger, and crossed my fingers.
How to Shop for a Tiered Dress
Here are a few things to think about when shopping for a tiered dress:
- Where do the tier seams hit you? Make sure nothing hits at the widest part of your body, in my case the hips and thighs. I like those seams to kind of split the difference so the fabric flows over those problem areas.
- Is there too much fabric in the dress? If it’s got too much going on, it’s likely to overpower you!
- I avoid Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie style tiered dresses. I love the Pioneer Woman, I just don’t want to look like a real one! That’s my personal choice, and may not be yours, so if you like it, rock it!
- Is the length right for your body? Too long and it drags the ground, too short and the tiers are likely to make your torso look wider, not leaner.
- Does the neckline flatter and draw the eye upward? Remember as we get older we want to defy gravity with every tool possible!
My New Pineapple Yellow Tiered Dress
I adore this dress y’all! The sunny, pineapple yellow color and the print is subtle and beautiful. The tiers are perfect and two more HUGE plusses: it has pockets, and it’s lined! The fabric is so soft, and the slight wrinkles from shipping slipped right out when I steamed it. This little number will be perfect for a date night this summer! Take a look!
I styled this dress with simple rattan earrings and braided sandals. I found the sandals on Amazon recently and love them so much, that I ordered a second pair in black! The nude color I’m wearing here goes with literally everything in the closet, so I’m sure I’m going to wear them out this summer! I’m styling the dress with a simple little cork clutch that’s perfect for summer.
Have you tried tiered the tiered dress trend yet? I’m linking several great choices for you below so you can hop on the trend and enjoy a fresh new look for summer! Remember, wear what makes you happy, so if this look isn’t for you, just move on and find something else that brings you joy and makes you feel gorgeous! You deserve it!
Trendy Tiered Dresses – Shop the Look Here
Join me on my style journey over on my social media channels. I’m here to help you choose clothes that make you happy!
Need more style inspiration? Check out these recent posts: