It’s time for our May Stylish Monday collaboration, featuring this month’s theme – romantic ruffles! Ruffles and tiers are trending quite hot this spring, but I must admit, I’m not a huge fan of all the ruffles and tiers. I’m gradually dipping my toes in the water, trying on styles that look best on my pear-shaped body, and being careful not to go with anything that adds too much bulk where I don’t need it. Read on to see how my Stylish Monday sisters styled their ruffles, and to get a few tips for styling your romantic ruffled outfits too!
This is not a sponsored post, but does contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission when my readers click and shop those links. As always, all opinions are my own, and I truly appreciate your support of my blog.
How to Style Ruffles – My Tips for Pear-Shapes
- Avoid garments that place the ruffled details or seams at the widest part of your body.
- Look for longer sections of tiered detail if you’re shopping for a new tiered dress. The shorter tiered sections will add more fabric and more bulk, the longer tiers will hang softer and lengthen out as opposed to widening out the look of the dress.
- Try tops with ruffled detail at the sleeves or neckline. It’s actually quite pretty and very romantic and ladylike! Bridgerton, anyone?
My (Barely) Ruffled Blouse
As I said, I’m not a huge ruffle girl, so I had to think outside of the box a bit for this month’s theme. This adorable floral top has a bit of ruffle detail on the hem of the sleeve, and quite frankly, that’s enough for me! I’m all about the floral print anyway! I styled the top with white bootcut jeans from Democracy. I’m straight up in love with these jeans! They fit like an absolute dream and are perfect for my pear shape! You need these jeans in your life, no matter your body type y’all. They’re ah-mazing!
May Stylish Monday – Romantic Ruffles
I’m excited to introduce two new members to our Stylish Monday sisterhood!
- First up – Lucy Bertoldi. Lucy loves all fashion that is vintage and eclectic, with a mix of new and thrifted. She’s a professor of fashion and styling courses, at a college in downtown Montreal. Lucy is also a part-time personal stylist and fragrance specialist for Chanel. On her blog, she writes to inspire midlife women to live their best life, one fashionable step at a time. Lucy’s motto: Dopamine Styling: Because dressing should feel good! Lucy is married to her high school sweetheart, together they have 5 adult children, 2 baby grandsons, and a granddaughter on the way! She’s also mom to her goldendoodle, Charlie. I love Lucy’s eclectic, cosmopolitan style!
- And also introducing Brigitte Foret: She’s always wearing her Sunday’s best, except during the pandemic. She recently upped her casual fashion game too! She loves pearls. (kindred spirits here!) Fashion, entertaining, and gardening are her passions. She loves designing fashions and was inspired early on by her grandmother who did most of the sewing for the family. I adore her stepped-up sense of style. She’s so chic!
I think the ladies interpreted this month’s theme so well! You may enjoy a few of our previous Stylish Monday posts as well.
And now I’m ready to be inspired by you! Join our link-up party and show us what YOU’RE styling today!
Thanks for stopping by!