Almost every Sunday evening is a stay at home date night for the hubs and me. Heck, the whole day is a date for us, since we barely see each other during the week. We usually spend a long leisurely day together, then have fun cooking and hanging out in the evening. Of course, he does most of the cooking, and he almost always whips up a delicious cocktail, so it’s especially fun for me! My Stylish Monday group thought that it would be fun to feature how we spend our date nights at home, and I can’t wait to read their posts! And since it’s our monthly link-up party, you’ll be able to join in the fun too.
Our Stay at Home Date Night | What I Wore
I found this darling rose pink Knox Rose top on a recent Target run, and loved the romantic styling. It’s a casual top, and can be easily styled down, or dressed up. I accented with my Mom’s pearls and a pearl hair accessory to ramp up the romance! I love the smocked cuffed sleeves and the pretty lace detailing at the neckline. Since we’re at home, I just threw on jeans and a cute pair of booties. And a full disclaimer, those puppies came off as soon as I took these pics and my ugg slippers went on!
Shop my stay at home date night outfit here:
Our Stay at Home Date Night Cocktail
I was recently cleaning out the liquor cabinet and complaining to the hubs about all the half-empty bottles of various libations. I found a beautiful (half-empty) bottle of Chambord and asked him to find a cocktail recipe for it. He did a little research and found one for a French Manhattan, and oh my goodness, is it delicious! We used maraschino cherries, so he added just a touch of the liquid from the jar. We use these beautiful martini glasses when we’re feeling fancy. They belonged to the hubs’ grandfather, and we just love the vibe. You can pin the recipe for this amazing cocktail below.
Take a look at how the girls enjoy their date nights in
And now take a look at my fabulous Stylish Monday sisters! Be sure to click on their links below and visit their blogs or social media accounts and show them some love. I think you’ll be inspired by not only their sense of style, but also their zest for living their best midlife. It’s such an honor to be included in this group!
- Shelbee – Shelbee on the Edge – “This date night at home theme was announced just before my scheduled date night at home for our 11th wedding anniversary. While I had plans to dress up a bit for our special night, my hormones decided otherwise and slammed me with debilitating cramps all night long. And so I ended up spending our date night in my coziest things curled up on the couch! But if I had been able to dress up, I would have worn this comfy black velvet pantsuit that is a recent thrift shop acquisition. I love the elastic waistband and wide legs of the pants making them feel more like pajamas than dress pants. I layered a cowl neck sweater under the velvet cardigan and slipped my cold tootsies into some furry line rose gold mules. A simple tassel necklace and earrings in gold and rose gold completed my look. All set for date night 2021-style!”
- Nicole – High Latitude Style – “Date night means dancing for us. Then a sleek fit-and-flare dress is a Must. This dress has too much cleavage for my taste but works well for layering with a halftee underneath. In Interior Alaska, date night can also be early in the morning. In winter, it’s dark until late in the morning (only 3.5 h of daylight at winter solstice, and in summer, there is daylight 24/7 for 84 days. More on Alaska lifestyle on the blog.
- Gwen – Gwen Lives Well and Instagram – GwenLivesWell – “I don’t know about you, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve actually been out on Valentine’s Eve. I mean, yes, when I was in my twenties with no kids, maybe I might have ventured out, but more often than not, home is where I wanted to be. Why deal with busy restaurants, cold food, harried servers when you can have a romantic Valentine’s date night at home? Sharing some suggestions for fab date nights at home, whether it’s Valentine’s Eve or not!”
- Julie – Fashion Trends and Friends – “Mr. FTF and I are pretty boring when it comes to at-home dates. We like keeping it simple. For us, a good time date night at home includes carryout (I don’t cook!), Netflix, maybe a bowl of popcorn or some type of desert and LAUGHS always lots of laughs! I’m usually dressed super casual – think sweatshirts and sweatpants (I do have the cutest Valentine’s set!)! However since it is the week of LOVE, I’m sharing all of my Valentine’s looks many can actually be worn year-round. By the way, we love to go out and do so at least once a week. Illinois is back open for indoor dining so we have reservations at our favorite restaurant for Valentine’s Day! Hope you feel all the LOVE this week and have many reasons to LOVE BIG!”
- Emma – The Style Splash – “We don’t usually go out for Valentine’s Day – and we certainly won’t be this year – but I welcome the excuse to wear red! The rainbow striped sweater with the word “amour” on it (French for love, of course) seems very appropriate.”
- Amy – Amy’s Creative Pursuits – “A date night outfit to wear at home has to be comfortable and cozy, yet pretty and romantic at the same time. This black floral kimono was a gift to me from my husband. I love to wear it on our home date nights with a romantic camisole. I completed the “Comfy & Cozy” requirement with a pair of soft joggers.”
- Michele – On Instagram as Seechele_styles – “Wore this thrifted blue and white heart sweater to date night last weekend paired with my vintage Levi’s jeans and pop of red hand bag and fun sneakers with red shoe laces.”
- Suzanne – Ask Suzanne Bell – “Like many moms, I don’t remember the last time I went out on Valentine’s Day with just my husband. But, that doesn’t mean we don’t celebrate with a bottle of wine and usually steamed mussels for the 4 of us, and of course a yummy dessert! Jennafer Grace makes the most beautiful, old Hollywood style comfortable pieces – like this 2-piece shimmer set – perfect for lounging in style at home. Today I’m sharing how I style a few of my Jennafer Grace favorites along with a recipe for my favorite cocktail…Cheers!”
- Nina – Sharing a Journey – “Wondering what to for Valentine’s Day this year? I’ve got you covered with a two-part series! Last Friday I created a whole post about what to do for Valentine’s Day 2021 and today I’m sharing some great outfits to go with a variety of possible dates!”
- Nancy – Nancy’s Fashion Style – “For A date night at home, I let Gerben choose his favorite outfit on me! Can it be any more boring? In my eyes, I don’t even like black and white together. And although he said that I have a lot of beautiful dresses, he likes a black pencil skirt, a simple white blouse, and classic pumps. Add simple gold jewelry and, and that is what he likes the most of course…..my black stockings! Oh, men…..”
Join the fun and link up with us!
Now it’s your turn to join the fun, and link up with bloggers and influencers from all around the world. We look forward each month to seeing your lovely faces. Be sure to check out each other’s blogs, and leave comments or likes. We’re all sisters supporting sisters!