Chic & Cozy Coats is this month’s Stylish Monday theme, and the ladies have outdone themselves this time y’all. Our weather here is milder than most of my Stylish Monday sisters, so I don’t often wear a big, bulky coat, but it sure is nice to have one or two in the closet when it does feel like actual winter around here! I was really interested to see how the ladies styled theirs since several of them live in much colder climates. Read on for all the fabulous details, and information on how you can join the fun and link up with us.
This is not a sponsored post, but does contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission when my fabulously stylish readers use and shop those links. As always, all opinions are my own. I appreciate your support of my blog! Thank You!
MY CHIC & COZY COATS
How I Style A Leopard Print Coat
This leopard print coat from Chico’s has been in my closet for several years now, and it definitely fits the theme of chic & cozy! I’ve styled it in several different ways. Check out my Holiday Capsule Wardrobe for all the deets on how I dressed it up and down for the holidays. On a side note, wow my hair was short!
Shop Similar Leopard Print Coats Here:
How I Style A Pink Coat
I just snatched this gorgeous pink Calvin Klein coat from the Dillards after Christmas sale, and it was an absolute steal, at an extra 40% off! They run the best sales from time to time, and I almost always take advantage. This gorgeous coat is in my favorite shade of pink and is a cashmere blend. As usual, the arms need a bit of tailoring to fit me properly, but that’s an easy fix! Here’s a couple of ways I styled this beauty.
Shop Similar Pink Coats Here:
HOW MY STYLISH MONDAY SISTERS STYLED THEIR CHIC & COZY COATS
I think the girls really enjoyed this month’s theme because they look fabulous. Just because a coat is utilitarian, doesn’t mean it can’t be stylish as well! Please be sure to support these fabulous bloggers and Instagrammers by clicking through on their links, where you’re sure to get all the details on their beautiful coats. Let me know in the comments – which chic & cozy coat look is your favorite? I can’t choose just one!
- Nancy – Nancy’s Fashion Style -I always have a lot of trouble finding the perfect winter coat! This one wasn’t! On the blog post from last Friday I am wearing the perfect one. This one has a fabulous color but that’s all it has. No pockets, no lining, no collar. It was given to me and I really loved the color, but passed it on!
- Emma – The Style Splash – “It has turned really cold and frosty here in the UK so I need a warm coat. This vintage cream one is perfect as it’s long and has a hood to keep the snow off my hair…yes, we’ve had snow! I found it in a charity shop for less than £10…such a fantastic bargain!”
- Nicole – High Latitude Style – In Interior Alaska, winter lasts about seven months. Temperatures can be anywhere between 40 below (or less) zero to slightly above the freezing point. While around the freezing point a loden coat works fine, a heavy down coat is a Must at 40 below. These coats make everyone look like the Michelin Men. Shearling or goat coats work fine down to -30C (~-22F).
- Ada – Elegance and Mommyhood – I think coats are a closet staple if you live in the Midwest. We have had our share of cold weather and snow as you will see from this post today, but overall it is mild (that means in the 30s & 40s for us). Speaking of closet staples, if you don’t own a Winter White or Cream one yet, you should. I think a classic wool coat in cream will be timeless and it can last you for several years to come. I love mine (it’s from Loft from last year and both Loft and Old Navy have almost identical ones this year). Stop by the blog today to see sweet Vivian also, in a pretty blush pink coat.
- Gwen – Gwen Lives Well – Needless to say, living in Florida, I don’t get much of a chance to adorn my winter gear. Sure, we get a few days in the 50s, but generally, a leather jacket or wool poncho is all you need. So while I donated most of my ‘heavy winter coats from my New York life’ collection ages ago, I still have a few favorites, which I share on the blog. The coat pictured here was purchased just a few years ago, as an in-between coat – not for weather that’s too cold, but cold enough for more than a wool poncho! Perfect for New York in November, pre-pandemic, 2019.
- Amy – Amy’s Creative Pursuits – As a Wisconsin Gal, we have severe winters and live in parkas all season long. I have parkas of all styles, lengths, and colors filling my closet, but for this challenge I wanted more of a statement coat so I chose a very old pea coat that rarely gets worn. It’s a fun, unique coat, but not that practical for my climate.
- Julie – Fashion Trends and Friends – Winter coats, jackets, gloves, mittens, hats and scarves are all a must have living in Illinois! Of course, a girl can never have too many of varying colors, lengths and styles! I might just have two closets full! This long length plaid (I’m always mad for plaid!) coat was a must have from Old Navy this year! It’s the first plaid coat in my collection! I think it pairs great with my star sweater and these navy fur trimmed boots. Every winter I think I might add a coat or two to my collection! After all, it is the thing everyone sees first in the winter!
- Shelbee – Shelbee on the Edge – I have a bit of an obsession with coats especially since I live in a snow belt where winters are long and frigid. And I am usually drawn to dramatic statement coats which I love to search for in thrift shops. That is where I found this Jordache white faux fur coat a few years ago and it cost less than $10. I don’t wear it often but when I do, I feel like a fancy polar bear!
- Nina – Sharing a Journey – I love styling coats and jackets in the winter; layering accessories, playing with shapes and colors. In today’s post, I am sharing a few thoughts on elevating your coat styling game.
- Michele – On Instagram as Seechele_styles This fur leopard coat is reversible to a rain coat… it’s over 15 years old and will never go out of style!
- Suzanne – Ask Suzanne Bell – As someone who wears a lot of black and denim, a fun coat is an instant game-changer. From animal print to bright red – I like my coats to be fun. Throw some faux fur into the mix, even better. And yes, I have been known to wear a coat over my pajamas!
LINK UP WITH US!
Now it’s your turn to join the party! Just click the link below and join bloggers from all over the world. Just add your blog link so everyone can see what you’ve been working on. Please click through on the blog links you see, so we can all support each other. There is nothing like the power of women supporting women. And, as always, thank you for popping in! Drop a comment and say hello!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
22 thoughts on “Chic & Cozy Coats | January Stylish Monday”
Andy, I am loving both of these coats! Leopard is so versatile! I have 3 different plush leopard coats…two of them were thrift shop finds and I love them! Your pink car coat is stunning, too. The only pink coat I have is a big fuzzy teddy bear coat but it sure does keep me warm in my cold climate. You look fabulous in all of these styles, my friend! Fun January theme!
Thanks Shelbee. I’ve been enjoying all of your snow pics! We had a few inches today, so I actually got to wear my coat! Yay!
I love both your coats, especially that pink one! Gorgeous!
Thanks Amy! So glad you’re in the group now!
I wouldn’t have thought the leopard coat would be so versatile. I love how you shared different ways to wear it. It makes such a beautiful statement.
Thanks so much!! It’s definitely a staple!
Oh why don’t I have a leopard coat! It’s gorgeous! But the pink one looks very good on you too!
I think you totally need a leopard coat, girl! You would rock it!
I love both of your coats! You know I am all about that leopard number – but the pink one is so fabulous as well! I love how your organized the link up this month – what a fun round-up of fabulous style!
I loved our twinning looks this month! Great minds! 😘
You are so dang adorable!! I have pants the redish/orange color you are stylin’ and I never thought of putting leopard with it!! I should have because, of course, leopard is a neutral. 🙂 Thanks for all your style inspiration!
Thanks Deanna! Leopard really is a neutral! Thanks for commenting. ❤️
I love both your coats especially the pink one!
A leopard coat would be fun to have and wear. I had one many, many years ago. Wish I would have hung onto it now!
Hey girl! That leopard coat is a trusty standby for sure. Don’t wear it often, but I’m really glad I have it. Thanks for your comment!
I need to get a leopard coat to add to my coat collection. Absolutely love it on you and the way you styled it! So nice collaborating with you!
Thanks Gwen. This was a fun theme! I’m looking forward to next month already. So glad you joined the group!
I LOVE your pink coat! It looks amazing on you! Of course every girl needs a leopard print coat in their stash no matter where you live! Always enjoy our monthly collaborations and appreciate all you do for our group!
Thanks Julie. I truly look forward to our monthly get togethers!
Thank you Julie! This was a fun one, wasn’t it? I want your Ted coat but sadly, it’s sold out.
Love these coats and the looks! You did a great job styling them! The leopard coat is my favorite!
Thank you! I always look forward to these collaborations.