Happy, Happy June!! Are we having fun yet? I know I sure am! We couldn’t wait to get in the pool, and have already officially opened it up for fun in the sun. We had family over for the Memorial Day weekend, and everybody enjoyed the long leisurely afternoons by the pool. I’ve been shopping around for you, and have created a roundup of some of my summer favorites, old and new! I’m going to divide it up into two posts – this first post is all about Summer Skin Care. Check back soon for Post Number 2 – Summer Style! Enjoy!
This blog contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission every time you purchase something from those links, which helps to support my blog. Thank you so much for your support!
Summer Skin Care is so important!
The summer heat and humidity instantly create different makeup and skin care challenges. I find that I need to change up my routine a bit! I save the heavy foundation for winter, when my skin is thirsty and really needs it! I also try to change up the colors I typically wear in winter to reflect the season…I want to look bronzed and beachy, not pale and ashy! Here’s a few things I’m loving right now!
1. NYX Professional Makeup Duo Chromatic Lip Gloss – a beautiful new favorite. I apply this on top of all my lipsticks – whether they’re pink or nude. It adds a nice shine, without adding a lot of extra color. It’s very long lasting too! Tip: add just a touch in the very center of your lips, blending in slightly to make your lips look fuller.
2 . Diorskin Nude Luminizer – My new go-to for a natural sheen on the cheekbones, without being glittery. It doesn’t settle into fine lines either! I just dust it on over my blush. It’s very subtle and pretty, and I’m in love with it! (I’ll be sharing my summer makeup routine on the blog soon!)
3. Sally Hansen Game of Chromes – A coworker turned me onto this fun slightly pinky golden chrome nail polish. It’s perfect for your summer toes, as it’s neutral, but plays really well with a tan.
4. Rodan and Fields Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid – I’ve been using this lightweight skin perfector in place of makeup since R&F debuted it last year. It actually goes to work on your skin the instant you apply it. Since it’s so lightweight, there’s nothing to sweat off! I love it! The brush is sheer heaven too, and highly recommend you purchase it as well.
5. Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum spf 45 Sunscreen – I like the portability and ease of application of this broad spectrum sunscreen in a tube. It targets areas you might overlook, like the ears. It gets rave reviews on Sephora too. You can trust Clinique for quality skincare!
6. Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport Sunscreen Spray – This is my new favorite sunscreen spray! It has a light tropical scent and it smells delightful! We’ve been buying it in multipacks, we use so much of it. Sweat and water resistant for up to 80 minutes, it’s a hard working sunscreen that really delivers protection!
7. Jergens Natural Glow – I’ve been using this stuff for years now, and absolutely swear by it. I apply it right after my shower, every other day, for a natural looking tan. It doesn’t stink! Woot! And because the tan is gradual, I find that I don’t end up with fake tan fail! (you know what I mean…those brown spots on your ankles or knees from overdoing it!) Tip: ALWAYS wash your hands after applying any self tanning product!
8. Jo Malone Star Magnolia Cologne – I never met a Jo Malone cologne I didn’t like, and this fragrance just screams summer! Try mixing and matching with other colognes you own, or with other Jo Malone fragrances. I love making up “recipes” with my Malones! They all play so well with each other! Pomegranate Noir is my hands down favorite winter fragrance, but this one will definitely be in the summer rotation!
Do you have any favorite summer skin care products? I’m always on the lookout for fun new finds! Please share! Be sure to check my Instagram stories, I like to share new finds and favorites with my followers, usually on the weekends when I have time! I’ll be adding a “Summer Style” favorites post very soon! Be sure to check back! I’ve done a little shopping for poolside, and you’ll definitely want to check it out! Thanks for stopping by!