Happy Fall y’all! (not really, it’s August in Louisiana so….) Anyway, a girl can dream, can’t she? I just love that epic Fall issue of Vogue that comes out each year. I’m pretty certain that 98 percent of that impressive issue is ads and fragrance inserts! Even though I can’t afford much of anything in Vogue, I always get inspiration from the ideas within the pages. Think of it as a paper “mood board” for your closet. I’ve been doing a little research into the fashion trends for Fall 2017, and how I can utilize these new Fall fashion trends in my workwear. I’m excited to share what I’ve found with you!
Introducing the Pantone Fall Fashion Color Report for 2017. You’ll notice that these colors are warmer than the colors we usually sport in the Spring/Summer. My favorite pink is there, though it’s a softer hue than the more vibrant pinks I typically wear in the summertime. Tawny Port is gorgeous! I think it would be beautiful styled with Leopard print. I love all these colors, but I’ll be honest. I’m a little scared of Golden Lime! Not sure how that will play with my highlights and pale complexion.
Now, how do I incorporate these colors into my existing work wardrobe? I need to look at what is hanging in my closet, and go from there. These outfits were from last Fall’s Workwear Challenge:
I spy navy, tawny port, butter rum. I also know I have several of these colors in my Old Navy pixie pants I purchased last fall. Yay! Looks like I may need something in that beautiful soft Ballet Slipper Pink. Double Yay!
What fashion trends are going to be big this Fall? From what I’ve seen, many of the trends we’ve already enjoyed this year aren’t going anywhere.
- Footwear: Ankle boots, stylish flats, and block heel shoes will all work well for the office.
- Tops: Ruffled blouses, floral tops and tops with sleeve detail like bell sleeves or lace will be big this Fall, and can easily go to work, or play!
- Pants: I’ve noticed a wider, trouser style leg, suggesting a menswear inspired silhouette, but the slim silhouette is still here as well.
- Suits and suit separates: Suits will be big this year! Again, menswear inspired plaids, pinstripes and patterns. Suit jackets can always do double duty on the weekend, dressed down with your favorite jeans. Smart! Especially nice for us working gals!
So with that in mind, here’s my shopping list for my workwear refresh for Fall 2017:
- Floral Blouse like this one from Chico’s:
- Bell Sleeve top like this one from Loft that hits several trends-floral, bell sleeve and that gorgeous spruce color!
- This pale pink cardigan by Halogen from Nordstrom, or something similar to wear as a suit piece with trousers I already own. Notice the sleeve detail. I love long cardigans to camouflage my pear shaped hips! And this one comes in a variety of pretty colors!
- And to hit the menswear plaid trend how about this skirt? It would be so cute but professional with a floral blouse!
- A gray pinstripe suit that I could separate or wear as a suit. The pants would look great with that pink sweater. Win/Win.
I clearly have some shopping to do! I’m going to try and focus on these suggested items. But I’m kind of like a cat when it comes to pretty clothes. I’m easily distracted and lose focus quickly!
So tell me: What’s on your Fall Workwear Refresh shopping list?
7 thoughts on “Fall Workwear Refresh”
Tawny Port is my kind of color!
Early this year I changed jobs from one where I had to wear suits and business professional everyday to an office where jeans are allowed on a daily basis. It has definitely been an adjustment to my clothing shopping habit!
My previous position was a bit more business casual, but no jeans, however
my new position as an executive secretary means I have to dress a certain way. Luckily, I love clothes and shopping!
Love your post! I am so excited about shopping for fall clothes.
Let’s go Georgette!
I love the bell sleeved top from Loft. Even though it’s August and WARM, I love when the days get a little cooler. Not wishing away summer yet, but I know fall will be upon us soon – especially as I live in Canada 🙂
I LOVE THIS POST!! So many great ideas! I can’t wait to go shopping in my closet – then see what I need to GO SHOPPING for! haha.