Let’s talk about the best blazers for pear shapes. Blazers are BIG this season, and I am thrilled! However, there are definitely a few styles I’ve learned to avoid when dealing with my pear shape body. Sometimes my narrow shoulders/wide hip ratio cramps my style, especially when it comes to cute jackets or blazers. As a result of this, I’ve learned a few style tricks that I’m happy to share with you today. I’m also excited to introduce a new monthly feature from my friends Nina, Suzanne, and Julie and the Coast to Coast Style Collective. Let’s dig in and have fun!
This is not a sponsored post, but does contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission when my readers click on and use those links. As always, thank you for your support!
The Best Blazers for Pear Shapes | What’s In and What’s Out
Blazer styles that are hot this fall are oversized, a bit longer in length, and can be somewhat boxy, so be sure to try them on before purchasing. They give off a more comfortable, loose vibe, and can add a modern touch to your outfits. Plaid is still going strong, and faux leather and faux suede are everywhere. Just a peek at the Nordstrom website will show you how dominant blazers are this season. Fading away (for now) are the more structured, tailored career-wear type blazers. Of course, your personal lifestyle will determine if they’re ‘out’ for you.
What are the Best Blazers for Pear Shapes?
Being pear-shaped comes with a particular set of challenges. You can read a few more posts about styling a pear shape HERE and HERE. Pear-shaped figures tend to be narrow-shouldered and wider in the hip and thigh areas, along with a smaller waist. Remember when you’re styling a pear shape, you’re ultimate goal is to create the illusion of balance using a few tips and tricks.
My Tips & Tricks for Styling Blazers
- Avoid double-breasted blazer styles. The double rows of buttons will widen down your torso as the jacket follows the shape of your body, creating a triangle that minimizes your shoulders and maximizes your hips.
- Avoid super-short or overly boxy styles of blazers. Typically this style of blazer will cut you in half and may make you look larger than you actually are. You might be able to get this style to work for you if you style it with high-rise pants or flared jeans. Be sure to add heels to lengthen your legs if you try this look.
- Look for a little padding in the shoulders. I know, I know, been there done that. But hear me out. Adding a little padding in the shoulders of your jackets or blazers helps to create that illusion of balance, evening things out a bit, and giving you more of that desired hourglass shape.
- Don’t be afraid of color! Remember that adding a pop of color near your face draws attention up and away from the southern regions. (Check out Julie’s post linked below to see how she utilizes color)
- Push up or roll up the sleeves of your blazer to break the connecting line between the hemline of the jacket and your sleeves. This is an instant slimming secret that I use with all of my tops, sweaters, and jackets. Try it! It really makes a huge difference.
Best Blazers for Pear Shapes
Here’s a quick roundup of blazers, a few of which I’ve purchased and worn recently. I’ve embraced the oversized style. I like the shoulders, and the length looks great with everything from leggings to flares to denim to career wear. I’ve had my plaid blazer for quite a while now, and look forward to busting it out every fall, so I highly recommend adding one to your wardrobe this fall. Remember that visual interest is a fantastic way to draw the eye upwards.
Introducing the Coast to Coast Style Collective
Over the past few years, I’ve formed friendships with several ladies whose style I admire. They’ve been an incredible source of support and a wealth of knowledge, not to mention style inspiration, as I’ve walked this blogging journey. Hailing from California, Illinois, Louisiana, and Florida, each lady brings her own unique sense of style to the table. Each month this Coast to Coast Style Collective will be sharing and continuing our blogging conversations about fashion and lifestyle, and we look forward to sharing that with you!
Hop on over and visit their blogs here:
Suzanne | Ask Suzanne Bell – Suzanne is sharing her secrets for shopping for and styling blazers this season, along with showing how to style one blazer in eight different ways!
Julie | Fashion Trends and Friends – Want to learn about the newest trends for styling your blazers? Whether you’re styling new blazers or the ones already hanging out in your closet, Julie’s got you covered!
Nina – Sharing a Journey – Nina is one of the best fashion trend forecasters I know. Check her blog for the scoop on blazers in 2022 and more!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. Are you a blazer lover like me? Leave a comment and let me know what blazer styles are your favorites, and how you like to style them! Thanks for stopping by!
Let’s Get Social!
Shop my looks anytime – RewardStyle