I don’t know about you, but there’s just something about sheltering in place that makes me hungry! Or is it hangry? But it’s also reignited my love of cooking and baking. The hubs and I have had a blast discovering new recipes and enjoying old favorites. This super easy bar cookie recipe is one I made a million times back in the day when I was always baking up sweets and treats for my kiddos. This recipe brings back tons of happy memories!
This is not a sponsored post, but does contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission when you click or purchase using those links, which helps to support my blog. Thanks so much for reading and supporting me!
The basic recipe just calls for chocolate chips, but as we all know I’m an overachiever, especially when it comes to food, so I say, throw everything in there! I think the little m & m candies and the pecans give these babies a little crunch. They’re so delicious when warm out of the oven! Serve them with a cold glass of milk, or try a scoop of ice cream on top. Sweet comfort food! (You can find the full recipe at the bottom of this post)
I use my KitchenAid mixer for virtually everything I bake. I have a bit of carpal tunnel issues and zero grip strength, so this thing is a must in my kitchen. Mine is practically 100 years old, and has many miles on it! It’s seen many a bread, pie, cake and cookie recipe in its day. And it’s still going strong! I gave it a facelift a few years ago with these cute floral sdecals I found on Etsy. You can get similar decals HERE. I think it really dolls the old girl up, don’t you?
After mixing the ingredients together, spread them into the parchment lined pan. Parchment paper is so much cleaner than cooking spray. You don’t end up with all that build up! Spread the delicious dough into the pan, resisting the urge to lick the spatula. Then sprinkle on the extras – the reserved chocolate chips, the baking candies and the pecans (if you want) Bar cookies are so much easier to get prepped and baked than regular cookies (not that there’s anything wrong with that!)…almost instant gratification!
Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes. I like crispy edges, so I let mine go the full time. The middle stays nice and chewy, the edges are crispy…everybody is happy! Cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy with a big glass of cold milk. Or even with a big scoop of ice cream!
PIN THE RECIPE HERE:
PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE:
Easy Baking Mix Cookie Bars
- 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- parchment paper
- stand mixer (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Baking Mix (like Bisquick)
- a cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m baking candies
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the sugars, eggs, canola oil and vanilla
- Slowly stir in the baking mix until everything is combined
- Stir in 1 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spread the cookie dough evenly in the parchment lined baking pan
- Spinkle the rest of the chocolate chips, the mini m&ms and the chopped pecans on top
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, depending on doneness desired. The center should be lightly browned
- Let cool for a few minutes then dig in! Delicious with ice cream!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know if you give it a try, I just know you’re gonna love it! Thanks for stopping by!