It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Lights are twinkling, halls are decked with boughs of holly, stockings are hung by the chimney with care, and if you’re like me your tinsel gets a little tangled!. I love dressing festively this time of year, and I’m thrilled this month to partner with my Stylish Monday sisters to show you different ways to dress for the holidays. From lace to sequins and sparkle, we’ve got it all wrapped up for you! Take a look!
This is not a sponsored post, but does contain affiliate links. Each time one of my stylish readers clicks a link and makes a purchase, I receive a small commission. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my blog!
Meet My Stylish Friends!
- Julie – Fashion Trends and Friends – Julie’s red plaid look is so festive! Here’s a similar plaid blazer. Be sure to click her link and visit her site so you can also see the fabulous boots she’s wearing!
- Nina – Sharing a Journey – Nina always looks so classy and pulled together. I love how she accessorized with that beautiful crossbody bag. Visit her page to learn more about her look and to read more!
- Nancy – Nancy’s Fashion Style – Nancy’s sassy look is all about those shiny booties y’all! You know you’re dying to click to find out more!
- Emma – Style Splash – Ok. Now I want a shiny, sequin pencil skirt. Click to find out more!
- Suzanne Bell – Ask Suzanne Bell – Suzanne is ready to party in her shiny skirt and that gorgeous top. Isn’t it stunning?
- Robin La Monte – Hello I’m 50ish – Another great look from Robin. I’m inspired by her animal print scarf and shoes combo. What a fabulous way to showcase her personal style!
- Nicole – High Latitude Style – showcases red and floral as her holiday look. Be sure to click through to read all about it!
- Me! (More below)
I’m going to show you several ways to think outside the box when it comes to holiday style. I know we usually think of red and green as traditional colors for this time of year, but there are so many variations of that color palette now, and different ways you can mix those colors with other pieces in your wardrobe. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and have fun!
How I style the holidays…
Last year I showed you a holiday capsule wardrobe, and different ways you could mix and match a few key pieces to create different looks, using a palette of red, leopard print, and black. I’m still wearing that leopard coat this year, shown here with a red cowl neck tunic, leggings and boots. That coat adds instant dress-up vibe to any outfit!
This year’s holiday red and leopard outfit has a casual vibe and features my Judy Blue distressed denim jeans and a sparkly graphic tee from Tee for the Soul. The top has so much going on, the only jewelry I had to add was my earrings. Easy and cute! Be on the lookout for graphic tees with a little extra! They’re everywhere this year! It’s the perfect way to elevate an otherwise casual look.
This green and red lace sleeve top was purchased on clearance (after Christmas) last year, and I’ve been hanging onto it, just waiting to bust it out! Find a lacy top like this that you can dress up or down and you’re set for whatever holiday shenanigans you’ve got planned. I styled it here with black skinnies and red heels to dress up the look a bit.
I grabbed this charcoal gray turtleneck from Chico’s recently. It has pretty silver metallic threads throughout and is just so lovely! I styled it here with simple black skinnies, and added a pop of color with my red pumps. Some crystal embellished earrings and I’m done and out the door. Cocktails anyone? By the way, this turtleneck is super soft; I hate scratchy turtlenecks, don’t you?
Adding the reversible puffer vest to the lurex turtleneck gives it a more casual vibe, perfect for holiday brunch and shopping with the girls. Who wants to go?
Want more ideas? Check out this blog post from last December for more Holiday Style outfits like this one:
Shop holiday styles here:
Thanks for popping by! Now it’s your turn to join the fun! Just click the in-linkz button and share your instagram or blog posts! Show off YOUR Holiday Style!