Hi y’all! Is there anything better than being a grandparent? It’s one of those things you just have to experience to understand…It’s just so fun! Being a grandparent can come with a few challenges though – one of which is Christmas shopping. It’s hard to rein in my spoiling impulses! This Oma tends to spoil the grands! I’ve been searching Amazon, and I have a few gift ideas for you, from the littles to the bigs…just in time for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas shopping, along with a few tips as you get your gifting on.
(This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission each time one of my sweet and savvy readers clicks a link and makes a purchase. Thank you so much for your support of my blog!)
Before you begin your shopping and spoiling, I’d like to share a few tips with you that have made my Christmas shopping for the grands go smoothly each year.
- Check with Mommy & Daddy to make sure they approve of the gifts you’ve selected. Remember that they are the parents, not you!
- You might want to go over your gift ideas with the other grandparents. Make sure you haven’t duplicated gifts.
- You might be able to collaborate as a group if Santa is bringing a gift that has accessories. You can team up with the other grandparents, aunts and uncles to make Christmas wishes come true!
- Check out the “frequently purchased together” items listed under your gift when shopping on Amazon. It’s like a one stop shop for Christmas magic!
- Another Amazon tip: ask Mommy & Daddy to make a Christmas Wish List on Amazon for each of the grands. They can make different lists for each set of grandparents to prevent duplicate gifts and hopefully save them the hassle of returns.
- Gift cards are ALWAYS a good idea! But think of special ways of you can present the gift card. Try tucking the gift card into a glove and hat set, tape it onto a box of crayons or paints, or even in a tin of your favorite homemade Christmas treats! Get creative!
I did a little shopping for you! Check out these great gift ideas for your grands. Just click the name of each toy to start shopping.
Gift Ideas for the Littles:
This adorable pull toy is a new take on an old classic! Toy Story movies get me every single time. They have so much heart! Tip: Add a DVD set of the movies along with this little toy!
True story, I once got my daughter a set like this when she was three. I hid it from myself, and couldn’t find it until after Christmas! Luckily, she has a January birthday so that worked out! LOL
I mean…how cute is this? My grandson would love it! He’s always wanting to fix things just like Daddy.
I love hands on learning toys like this. Sometimes the simplest toys are best for baby.
Enjoy watching your grandkid learn while playing! This toy is definitely one you can enjoy together. STEM education is where it’s at!
Your grand will learn all about that great big world out there when he uses this interactive globe. I think I want one myself!
Hands On Toys
Here’s another toy I’m intrigued with. This one’s definitely going under the tree, and this Oma will be playing with it too!
We discovered this stuff last year. It’s so strange, but so much fun to play with! Get several bags, and maybe a tub to keep it in. It’s so cool!
Give these legos to your older grandkid. (with the stipulation they stay at their house…we’ve stepped on enough legos to last a lifetime!)
What girl wouldn’t love this Barbie set? I must admit, Barbie is my spirit animal! I can’t wait until my granddaughter is old enough for Barbie…we’ll have so much fun together!
American Girl dolls are a classic now, and I think every little girl should have at least one. This is a gift you can build on too, adding outfits and accessories for birthdays and special occasions.
Games & Classic Toys
Who didn’t have one of these, either for themselves or their own children? A staple in homes and classrooms for decades, this toy will ignite the artist in your grands! (Definitely not for the littles, as the pegs could become a choking hazard)
Another classic from Hasbro!
Matching games are great for building memory muscle. Maybe I need one of these too?
My daughter-in-law added this to her son’s wishlist for me. I love that it adapts to the age of the child. Sounds like fun!
This collapsible wagon will be a gift for Mommy and Daddy as well as the grands! It’ a fun way to toodle around the neighborhood.
The Gift of Time
I’m also a firm believer in experiences, and think that quality time spent with the grands is more important than buying them things and toys. Think of crafts or cooking projects you can share with them. The tried and true “baking cookies with grandma” is time tested and grandkid approved! Some ideas:
- Scrapbook Kit
- DIY Felt Christmas Tree Kit
- My First Sewing Kit
- Kids Baking Kit
- Kids Waterproof Camera
- Jewelry Making Kit
I’m hopeful that these tips and ideas will help you to have a joyful giving experience with your grands! Leave a comment if you have a gift suggestion you’d like to share. I’d love to hear from you! Happy Shopping and Gifting! Choose Joy!