Happy November y’all! It’s time for another Stylish Monday Link Up Party.! Woot-Woot! I’m joining some of my favorite bloggers again, and this month we’re styling our leggings. I don’t know about you, but leggings are a staple in my wardrobe during the fall and winter months. To me, leggings are a basic layering piece that can be dressed up or down, and even worn to work out in. Jeggings blur the line between jeans and leggings and add another tool in the old wardrobe toolbox. Take a peek and just see how lovely my fellow bloggers look in their leggings!
(This post has affiliate links, and my Stitch Fix Referral Code. If you click a link and make a purchase, I receive a small credit or commission that helps to support my blog. I hope you enjoy today’s post!)
My fabulously stylish friends are:
- Michele Clark – on Instagram as @seechele_styles Michele used her leggings as the building block to a fabulous outfit. From her Kendra Scott necklace, down to her snake print boots, she is on trend! The buffalo plaid bag is in one of this season’s hottest prints. Perfect pattern mixing!
- Julie – Fashion Trends and Friends – Julie paired her zebra top with red, which adds a nice pop of color to her outfit. Miss Julie loves her some shoes and booties! Aren’t these red booties amazing?
- Nina – Sharing a Journey – Nina’s accessories make this outfit. By keeping the leggings and sweater neutral, she’s able to add personality with her belt, leopard booties and bag.
- Nancy – Nancy’s Fashion Style – Nancy is showing off her wild side in these fabulous animal print leggings. Adding a strappy sandal elevates this look, and really dresses it up.
- Me! (Outfit details below)
- Nicole – High Latitude Style – Nicole paired her leggings with hot pink athletic shoes and a comfy tunic for the perfect athleisure vibe. She added the pink bag to spice up the outfit.
- Emma – Style Splash – Emma’s tribal print leggings are everything! Pairing the leggings with black top and boots is the perfect touch, and adds balance to her outfit.
For shopping links and more details on their outfits, please click those links and visit their blogs.I know you’ll be just as inspired as I am!
How I Style Leggings (and some style tips)
Jeggings | Red Tunic Top
I paired my basic black jeggings with this bright red animal print tunic. I’m a firm believer in long over lean as my general rule for dressing my pear shape. Jeggings or leggings can be a bit scary for those of us who carry weight in our hips and thighs. Adding a brightly colored top draws the eye upward, and the tunic length covers the rear!
Camel Tunic Sweater Vest | Black Jeggings | Leopard Shoes
Another long over lean outfit is this camel colored sweater vest and top styled with my black jeggings. Again, keeping the lighter color on top pulls the eye upward. I added leopard print shoes to dress it up a bit. If I change out the jegging for a ponte knit legging, this look becomes a very work appropriate outfit.
Denim Jacket | Black Tunic Tee | Black Jeggings | Over-the-Knee Boots
It just doesn’t get more comfy than this outfit y’all! The longer length asymetrical tee covers up my assets, while the jacket draws the eye upward. I’m in love with these over-the-knee boots from my favorite online boutique: Tee for the Soul. Adding a tall boot like this pair lengthens the legs and balances things out. Have you tried the over-the-knee trend?
Camel Sweater | Black Tunic Tee | Animal Print Jeggings
I used the same black tunic tee, threw the relaxed camel sweater over it, and added the fun sueded animal print jeggings I found at Stein Mart last year. Animal print is my go-to neutral y’all. Almost any color pairs with it! I added the same over-the-knee boots to the outfit, just for the fun of it, but booties or strappy sandals would work just as well.
Graphic Tee | Mustard Sweater | Denizen Jeans
Finally, one of my favorite things in the whole world is graphic tees. I may need a new closet just for them! In fact, we styled our graphic tees in this post back in July! I found this one at Target, and I paired it with a long mustard cardigan and my Denizen skinnies I’ve been obsessed with for awhile. For me, skinnies can cross the line between leggings and jeans, working double duty in your wardrobe. I tucked tmy skinnies into boots and bam! Jeggings!
Shop leggings and jeggings here:
My previous blog post featured athletic leggings that I received from Stitch Fix. Check that post out if you’d like to see ways to style athletic leggings. And now it’s your turn to join the fun! Share the link to your blog or instagram account by scrolling down and clicking the InLinkz button below. And be sure to visit everyone that shares here! Women supporting women is a powerful thing! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope my friends and I have given you a few ideas on styling your leggings! Have a stylish day!