Hey hey! It’s the dog days of summer y’all. I just read an article that describes the month of August as a beat down, and I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but that phrase is 100 percent accurate here! Current situation: sucking up the air conditioning and eating popsicles. For real. About the only thing August has going for it are the incredible end of summer sales going on everywhere, and with a little planning, you’ll not only save money, but you’ll also add a few things to your transitional fall wardrobe. Today, I’m sharing a few sales I found, and some things that will be perfect for your end of summer closet!
(This post contains affiliate links and is not sponsored by any company. I’m just a very dedicated shopper! You won’t pay a penny more, but I will earn a small commission each time someone makes a purchase using my links. As always, thank you for supporting my blog!
A few sale shopping tips:
- Take a pre-fall inventory of your closet. Go ahead and do a little purging…many resale shops are buying NOW for fall! Donate items that are wearable and in good shape and if it’s raggedy-taggedy then toss it!
- Make a list of what you need, and organize by category and color.
- Take pictures of items in your closet that need a little help: for example a top that needs a jacket, or a pair of pants that could use a fresh sweater and top.
- Make a budget. Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you have to buy it!
- If you’re shopping online – be sure to sign up to receive emails, and get those first time buyer discounts! Many retailers offer discounts just for joining their email list!
- Look for fall friendly patterns and colors – think plaid, which is going to have a big moment this fall; olive green and even dusty pink, which is still hot for fall. Animal prints are still huge – look for snake print and of course, leopard print anything.
Look for colors that can carry you (no pun intended) into fall. Many stores are running their summer bags half price, and they’re going fast!
Look for animal prints and neutral colors. Open toe booties are on sale everywhere, and will easily work into your fall wardrobe.
Tops and Cardigans
You know I love cardigans! They’re perfect for the office and can be dressed up or down. Dusters are trending right now. Grab one while it’s on sale!
Ankle pants will work the rest of the summer and into fall. Go for the wow factor and add a patterned pant into your wardrobe while they’re on sale!
Look for on-trend tortoiseshell everything, along with a delicate necklace, and you’ll be set for fall! Delicate necklaces are having a moment, so snap up an inexpensive one and enjoy, they go with everything!
There you go ladies! Now rev up those motors and start shopping! But hurry! Summer sales don’t last forever, and the best bargains sell out quickest! Leave a comment and let me know if you’ve found any treasures while sale shopping, I’d love to hear from you!