I’m a busy girl these days. And I never thought I’d say this. Like never. In a million years. But I’ve kind of gotten to where I don’t exactly enjoy shopping. I mean, every once in a while I need a little “Target Therapy”. And I enjoy hitting up privately owned, small business boutiques and gift shops. (Gotta support those small businesses y’all!) And my birthday shopping extravaganza at Northpark was kind of awesome, but seriously budget busting and exhausting! But for the most part, I just don’t have the time, or the energy or the desire to hassle with crowds, lines, traffic and cranky people.
So I use Stitch Fix. I adore Stitch Fix! Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service. It’s easy (and free!) to get started. Here’s how it works:
- Head over to Stitch Fix and complete the style profile. It’s fun!
- Schedule your first fix. You’ll be matched with a personal stylist who will review your style profile and hand-pick five items based on your style preferences. You’ll be charged a $20 styling fee, but shipping is free and the fee is automatically deducted from the cost of any items you decide to keep from your fix.
- Try on everything that arrives in your fix. Nothing makes my day like pulling up and see that cute turquoise Stitch Fix box on my front porch! When your fix arrives, you have three days to try on all of the items. Try everything on, and mix and match with items you already have in your closet.
- Once you’ve decided what to keep, log in to StitchFix.com and check out online — or do what I do, and use the iPhone app to quickly make your selections and check out online. The $20 styling fee will automatically be deducted from the cost of any items that you keep. And guess what?… you get to save 25% on your entire order if you purchase all of the items in your fix. I’ve done this several times. (too many times)
- It’s that easy! A few hints: *Be sure to let your stylist know what you loved or didn’t love about the items in your fix. The clearer the better! *Create a Pinterest board and share with your stylist so she has an idea of the kinds of things you like, and can get a sense of your personal style. *Search Pinterest for Stitch Fix pins.*Be open to new ideas and styles. You might actually enjoy stretching out of your comfort zone!
I received my June fix today, and I kept 2 items. Everything was cute, but I have a closet full of clothes (just ask my hubs) and I’m trying to be choosy!
The items I received were:
- Cara Printed Tee – Returned. It was HUGE and showed too much cleavage. That ship has sailed ya’ll! It was cute though!
- Cella Cold Shoulder Henley Button Knit Top – Returned. Super cute black cold shoulder top, but I already own several almost identical tops. One of the loop closures was torn too.
- Kena Cross Back Detail Blouse – Returned. I don’t wear sleeveless anything, unless I can pair it with a cardigan or jacket, so the cute lace up back detail would’ve been lost.
- Gilli Ryland Knit 2fer Maxi Dress – KEEP!! Perfect fit, comfy fabric, and super figure flattering! Add a denim jacket, some Kendra Scott jewelry, and I’m set!
- Lila Ryan Dorianna Skinny Jean – KEEP!! These fit like a dream. And the red color will be so fun for the remainder of the summer.
I won’t bore you with tons of pics, and my hair and makeup definitely scream “holy cow it was a long day at work!” but here’s a collage of today’s fix: