Balsamic Pickled Onions
Easy and delicious pickled red onions are as easy to make as they are healthy!
- 1/2 cup Peach (or other fruit) Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Red Onion
After peeling the onion, cut it in half, then cut each half into very thin slices.
Put the onion slices into a mason jar, or container of your choice.
Pour the vinegar over the onion slices. Make sure they're mostly covered by the vinegar. Add more if needed!
Cover your jar or container and shake the ingredients together so that the onions are well saturated with the balsamic.
Refrigerate the onions overnight for best results.
A few helpful tips:
- Only use RED onions!
- Slice the onion very thin.
- Fruit flavored balsamics are best, I've used both peach and strawberry, with very delicious results.
- Prepare at least a day ahead for best texture and flavor.
- The onions will keep in the refigerator for a couple of weeks, but you'll eat them up before that!